Friday, January 22, 2016

Filipino Adobo

WP_20150519_19_31_35_Pro
I have had many dishes of Filipino adobo, some sweeter than others, my favorite being the less sweet.  That tart vinegar taste just keeps me coming back for more.  Sometimes I use chicken, sometimes pork, really depends on what I have and what I’m in the mood for, today was pork.  If you like a sweeter adobo than by all means up the sugar amount.

For the Recipe:

3 tbsp. canola oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1 rack of pork ribs (could easily substitute chicken) cut into individual ribs
4-6 cloves of garlic
3 bay leaves
1 tsp. white pepper
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
3/4 c. soy sauce
1 c. vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
In a large sauté pan heat the oil, add the onions and let them brown up a bit.  Add the cut up ribs to brown, about 5-6 minutes total, flipping halfway though.  Add garlic, bay leaves, both peppers, and salt, stir well.  Add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar, give a good stir, cook for 45 minutes, or until ribs are tender.
Serve with rice so you can soak up all that yummy sauce.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment