Tuesday, March 1, 2016

They Just Won't Stop Growing....

Today I am registering the twinadoes for kindergarten.  Kindergarten!!  How did this happen?  Until last night I pretty much just put it in the back of my mind, waiting until I really had to to actually think about it.  But last night as I tried to fill my brain with HGtv and Vanderpump Rules I kept thinking about what today would bring.

So here I am, less than two hours from heading to their elementary school to sign over my babies for 8 hours a day, five days a week.  Mrs. Metalhead will be there for support and to translate my sobbing answers back into English.  Am I being dramatic, hell yes I am, but these are my babies, my only babies.  Once I get past that first day of kindergarten, and we all know I will be a hot bawling mess, I will be like all the other moms singing all the way to drop them off to school so I get those glorious eight hours of kid free time.

Sip'n Dip is coming out for their first day, then we are heading to our favorite Din Tai Fung where I will stuff myself full of dumplings and cocktail.  Mr. Housewife said he will take the day off to be our chauffeur so we don't accidentally get a little too drunk and forget to pick up my little darlings. 

Before I had kids, when I lived in my first house, the moms would send their kids off to school then go celebrate with lunch.  Many times I would tag along and be so oblivious to it all, to each passing year, to each step closer the kids made to leaving the nest.  Those kids are all out of school now, some are married with children, others are still finding themselves, but they are all adults.  I know this will happen to my children as well, but I don't even want to go there....yet.

My mom heart is both sad and incredibly proud.  But I think that's the way it is suppose to be.  Hearts are changed dramatically once they become a mom heart, they have to.  Time to look up the address of the school I'm about to trust with my lovies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment